Ecstasy of Saint Teresa by Gian Lorenzo Bernini in 1652.
How could he make marble so alive ~ a thousand energy flows of her clothing and a transporting pleasure beyond words in her face.
Notice how the angel’s eyes stimulate consciousness, the hand toward the breast stimulates heart & the spear toward the pelvis stimulates sex.
Heart~sex~consciousness is a Tantra practice. Here so boldly displayed in a Catholic Carmelite Church in Rome. The union of orgasm & spiritual passion is breathtaking.
This is truly a sight to behold in person. Magnificent.
I have a little experience working with clay, so I know how tough that is to get right. It takes supreme talent to create such beautiful faces and such realistic fabric in a medium that you can only create by subtraction, without the safety net of adding back material in case of a mistake. So awesome.
18 Notes/ Hide
- musesandmarathons likes this
- siftingthroughvariety likes this
- wickdpleasures likes this
- syndromeofadowns likes this
- ollebosse reblogged this from tantraheart
- pocketcontents likes this
- delgrosso likes this
- smartasshat reblogged this from abundanceofcalm and added:
- trinoosafofoosa likes this
- jamiek likes this
- elizabite likes this
- littlerunnergurl likes this
- blackcoffeebluez likes this
- pinkabrinka likes this
- cecily-loves-you reblogged this from tantraheart
- mungli reblogged this from tantraheart
- whatplanet reblogged this from tantraheart and added:
- tantraheart posted this