You have to wonder how many levels this had to go through to get displayed and read on the air.
(I fixed the aspect ratio of the original.)
Ad for the local news at 10:00:
“Chilly opening day for baseball; find out how long this cold snap will last, tonight at ten.”
Me: BEEP BLOOP BLORP *taps weather app on my cellular telephone* OH OK SO WEDNESDAY.
Sorry, local news. I’m not eighty years old so I’m not held to your rules about when I can and cannot find out the weather forecast.
I had the same thoughts about a weird news story the local TEAM NEWS COVERAGE teased at the end of a show I was watching. They don’t realize it, but they are giving people the perfect Google search terms to find out about the story themselves.
Thanks, and good luck with that sensationalism of yours. I’m sure it’ll all work out great.
This Boston station spent the first sixteen of their twenty five minute “news”cast on the Patriots game. The only way I’d want to see that much coverage of millionaires getting concussions is if that shoe had connected with Bush’s empty noggin.
2:26:50 / 1.23 GB / H.264 MP4
Here’s a link to download the Faux News coverage from the moment they announce that Obama won (at 11:14 pm) to the end of Obama’s fantastic acceptance speech at 2:00 am.
I happened to start recording the exact moment they announced it, and Obama ended his speech just before 2 am, when the DVR stopped recording because the TV schedule said the show was over.
I removed all the commercials and left everything else. It’s all just too good. There is nothing I could cut out. The absolute highlight is Karl Rove on live TV struggling with the reality of Obama’s second-term victory. The rest is pretty sweet, too. You can see the formation of the Conservative excuses and complaints before they’ve been polished by the central braintrust. Plus, the commentators are forced to acknowledge that Nate Silver and others were dead-on with their fact-based predictions. Unfolding right before your eyes, the whole Conservative anti-reality bubble is popped suddenly and violently in their faces.
It’s a lot like a super-slow-motion video of a water balloon when it’s popped. The thin shell holding their wacky beliefs together is pulled back, and they slowly deform and fall to the floor and go KA-PLOOSH all over themselves.
I want to describe more of it, but I think the best way to express how much I love this is to show you the tweets inspired by watching this:
[At 12:55 on the dot] Romney’s internal atomic clock is functional.
Posting this video for you all to enjoy was made possible by:
- ReplayTV - The original TiVo competitor which hooks directly into the home network
- DVArchive - A free Java-based program that fools the ReplayTV into thinking your computer is another ReplayTV. It’s how I transfer recordings to the computer.
- HandBrake - The program I use to transcode ReplayTV files.
- VideoLAN - Also known as VLC. HandBrake uses codecs contained in VLC to do its thang.
- MPEG Streamclip - Allows native editing of video files, including H.264. I removed the commercials with it.
- Dropbox - The video is in my Dropbox public folder (download). You can get your own Dropbox at the link.
- Skydrive - The video can also be downloaded from Skydrive here.
- And jokers like you - You guys make life fun by being all funny and interesting and shit.
Fox “News” hedges their bets.
[Herman Cain’s] website just went live with a new “Women For Cain” section where female supporters can share their stories —and slam his accusers as “vindictive,” “jealous,” “unstable,” and “husbandless.”
For. Fuck’s. Sake.
What, no “barren”?