Tumblr Pro: Wonka-style
It’s been almost two years since we last updated Tumblr’s terms and policies. A lot has happened since then!
There are a fair number of changes, so we insist you read them all for yourself. Some notable updates include:
- Cleanup to make all of the documents more readable
- Updates to reflect changes to our products over the last two years
- Information about how we work with our new parent company, Yahoo
- Credits for open source projects
- Some language that makes it easier for U.S. government organizations to blog on Tumblr
- An attribution policy reminding people not to be jerks
- Updated annotations (!)
You can review the drafts via the links above. You can also see every change, letter for letter, on GitHub (minus the plain English annotations).
We’re planning to officially launch the new terms soon and we’d really love to hear any questions or concerns. Please write to email@example.com.
- Unbelievably enhanced with twice as many incredibly superfluous adverbs.
What’s the status of the Tumblr Android app?
Do we like it, or is the browser interface better?
Caleb Jamaal Clemmons, the 20-year-old college student who has been in jail for six months after posting a vague but provocative threat on his Tumblr blog, pleaded guilty to the charge of making terroristic threats today and was sentenced by a judge.
To be fair, he was also caught doing a terrorist fist-bump.
Q:Did you know your hearts/comments are invisible on mobile devices? I had the same problem because they labeled my blog NSFW, tossers. Despite emailing them back and forth, I am still invisible mobile but I thought I would let you know it looks like the same is true for you.
Yeah, people have told me that. I tried to fix it by taking NSFW tags off the few posts that I had put them on over the years, to no avail. I didn’t know there was a hidden Tumblr label that was bestowed upon me, though.
I have posted nudity and I won’t stop swearing, so I don’t know if they would change me back. Plus, I consistently give Tumblr shit for being immature, incompetent dickwads. That may have something to do with it, too.
OK… What about vegan milk spit-up?