Star Trek: Into Meh-ness
I agree with Steve about the new Star Trek movie. (BEWARE! There be spoilers!)
To me it seems like a generic space action movie with trademarked puppet strings that are used to jerk around the rabid Star Trek fans. It left me feeling used for liking it.
The previous movie had its problems, but at least it was endemically Star Trek.
Possible final tweets for the resigning Pope
- In nomine Patris et Filii et Peace Out, Bitches!
- Who’s got two thumbs, a kick-ass hat, God as his Wingman, and is quitting work?
- I’m taking the Popemobile with me.
- I can no longer, in good conscience, associate myself with an organization that prohibits marriage equality and whose backwards views on women’s rights are insulting to humankind.
- Budweiser Time, motherfuckers!
Pope - OUT!
You think you know flame wars? Just wait.
I’m not quitting. I’m taking my papacy private.
Where’s my gold watch? Just kidding. Everything I have is solid gold.
*drops thurible* *exits balcony*
I, for one, would love to hear an audio post proving that Morgan Freeman is still alive…
Great ironies in history
- Lord Michael Telephone invented the bell; Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone.
- Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy; Kennedy had all of his secretaries.
- President James Garfield hated lasagna and loved Mondays.
- Jamestown, Virginia, was named for Sir James Williamsburg Towne.
- The War of 1812 was actually fought in 1926.
“President James Garfield hated lasagna and loved Mondays.”