Q:Speaking?! Let me hear!
XLD (http://tmkk.undo.jp/xld/index_e.html) is my favorite tool for converting audio files. It’ll take pretty much anything you can throw at it and spit it back out in pretty much any other common format. It’s incredibly stable and blazingly fast, even when simultaneously processing dozens of conversions.
I often drop entire albums into XLD, starting out as FLAC (the rest of the world’s preference) and ending up as ALAC (iTunes’ and my preference), and it has never crashed on me nor spit out any corrupted or degraded files.
Do people ever send you .wma files, resulting in your silently cursing them and wishing temporary but intense pain to befall them, like a nasty toe stub or an aggressively bitten tongue? XLD will eliminate that needless mental stress by effortlessly converting those crappy .wma files into anything you’d like. Do you want extreme control over the resulting file type? You’ve got it. The advanced conversion options are deep and powerful.
It’s constantly under development and I can’t recommend it enough.
I would like to use this app because I convert a lot of audio. However, when I install it, I get to the AAC output plugin and this is what I’m faced with:
So… What the fuck?
Lucy, when you’re ready please set aside some time for us to have a mutually respectful discussion about some of the choices we’ve made.
It is personally gratifying to formulate a course of action that is ultimately implemented with success.
Star Trek: Into Meh-ness
I agree with Steve about the new Star Trek movie. (BEWARE! There be spoilers!)
To me it seems like a generic space action movie with trademarked puppet strings that are used to jerk around the rabid Star Trek fans. It left me feeling used for liking it.
The previous movie had its problems, but at least it was endemically Star Trek.
Possible final tweets for the resigning Pope
- In nomine Patris et Filii et Peace Out, Bitches!
- Who’s got two thumbs, a kick-ass hat, God as his Wingman, and is quitting work?
- I’m taking the Popemobile with me.
- I can no longer, in good conscience, associate myself with an organization that prohibits marriage equality and whose backwards views on women’s rights are insulting to humankind.
- Budweiser Time, motherfuckers!
Pope - OUT!
You think you know flame wars? Just wait.
I’m not quitting. I’m taking my papacy private.
Where’s my gold watch? Just kidding. Everything I have is solid gold.
*drops thurible* *exits balcony*
I, for one, would love to hear an audio post proving that Morgan Freeman is still alive…
Great ironies in history
- Lord Michael Telephone invented the bell; Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone.
- Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy; Kennedy had all of his secretaries.
- President James Garfield hated lasagna and loved Mondays.
- Jamestown, Virginia, was named for Sir James Williamsburg Towne.
- The War of 1812 was actually fought in 1926.
"President James Garfield hated lasagna and loved Mondays."